Z Energy is committed to creating a more sustainable future for New Zealand. We support our workers in their own initiatives into making this happen. Marshal Walia is one of Z’s Sustainable Legend's and has shared some insights on his mission.
How are you reducing waste in your job?
- Educating my staff, customers, family and community on ways to reduce waste.
- Committed to reduce plastic bin liners from 30x to 1x box per year.
- Work with my community group to reduce waste like eye on nature educational tour to creating awareness about what Z does and able to achieve in the field of community and sustainability in school or community tours.
- Standardised recycling/waste bins at all sites.
- Having smaller bins as a way to educate having less in it.
What are three ways Z customers can reduce waste?
- Bring their own BYO coffee cup or composting Z’s compostable takeaway cups.
- Putting correct rubbish into correct recycling bins.
- Making it a habit to bring own reusable bags.
What’s one tip you’d give to other businesses to reduce waste?
- Investigate and understand the bigger picture why recycling is important for the future’s sustainability. It can start simply from bringing your own water bottle to work or providing different recycling bins at work.
What has been your biggest lesson on your journey to becoming Z’s first Sustainability Legend?
- One person cannot do it all! The successes start with sharing the WHY of it all, getting buy-in – commitments to actions, delivery and execution, tracking and sharing results.